After originally launching back in June of 2021, Twitter Blue is now officially available in the United States. Keep reading to learn more about what Twitter Blue has to offer!
What Is Twitter Blue?
Twitter Blue is an opt-in paid monthly subscription service ($2.99/month) that gives users access to premium features that can take one’s Twitter experience to the “next level”. It is available for in-app purchase on Twitter for iOS and Android, or on twitter.com.
What Can I Do With Twitter Blue?
With a Twitter Blue subscription, users get access to these awesome features:
- Undo tweets – Retract tweets you’ve sent within 30 seconds of posting
- Bookmark Folders – Create assigned topic folders to categorize your saved tweets into
- Reader Mode – Removes clutter and makes it easier to read tweet threads
- Color Theme – Select the color for your UX display in the app
- App Icon – Select a custom app icons you can use on your device
- Dedicated Support – Get access to dedicated support for Blue Users
While all of these features make the app more fun and personalized, Twitter has also added ways to increase the functionality for those who choose to subscribe.
- Ad-free articles – Twitter blue users will experience a fast loading, ad-free reading experience when they visit many of their favorite news sites available via Twitter
- Nuzzel – Blue subscribers will be able to see the most shared articles within their network over the last 24 hours — this will highlight trends that users may have missed while away
- Customizable navigation bar – Blue subscribers will be able to select which elements they want to appear in their navigation bar which allows for a more personalized experience
- Twitter Labs access – This allows Blue subscribers to test out new features that are in development
Ultimately, subscribing to Twitter Blue will allow you to personalize your experience on Twitter even more, but for a small price. Is this a program that you’re willing to opt-in and pay for?
Source: Hutchinson, Andrew. “Twitter Expands Twitter Blue Subscription Service to Users in the US and NZ, Adds New Blue Features.” Social Media Today, 9 Nov. 2021, https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/twitter-expands-twitter-blue-subscription-service-to-users-in-the-us-and-nz/609760/.