Someone who watches a video is 64% more likely to buy a product online. That’s a staggering number. In fact, almost every successful business now includes video in their marketing plan. This includes emails, ads and social media. Why is everyone using videos now? Simple. High conversion rates. We rounded up seven incredible statistics demonstrating just how integral video is to your marketing plan.
1. Instagram videos create double the engagement as photos
2. Video is shared more often than any other kind of content
3. 4X as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product than to read about it
4. 76.5% of marketers and small business owners… who have used video marketing say it had a direct impact on their business
5. Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service
6. 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI
7. 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week
Believe us now? If that wasn’t enough to convince you to start adding videos to your marketing plan, well, we’re sure it was! Now for the next question you may be asking yourself, “How do I create video content?”
Great question! Video content can be expensive and time consuming, but there are many ways you can create it on your own — for free or without much investment! One way to create video content is to do take advantage of Facebook Live. Once you have done a Live video, it stays on your page. It has the opportunity to be seen for time to come. It’s an organic, natural way to reach your audience. Besides doing Live videos, you can also create your own with a variety of different websites that make it easy. Here’s a great list of video creation tools to give a try.
Are you ready to start adding video to your strategy?
We didn’t just make these numbers up. Everything was sourced from here, here and here.