Facebook hashtag feeds are now new and improved! Facebook’s recent push of using hashtags can be a great, easy way for businesses to increase their organic reach, and it is worth taking advantage of.
To further explain, hashtags on Facebook turn phrases and topics into clickable links in your Facebook posts. When a hashtag is clicked on, you will be directed to a Facebook feed of all posts which use that hashtag. This helps users find posts relative to what they are interested in. Some users have also reported seeing a “Browse” button on the foot of certain posts to discover more on a specific hashtag used in the post. To create a hashtag in your post, all you need to do is write the number sign (#) along with a relevant phrase or topic. For example, “I found such great online deals on clothes this weekend! #fashion” Facebook will also help you with suggested hashtags. See the example below!
When you click on the hashtag, a feed of all posts which use the hashtag, “fashion” will show up.
You can search certain hashtags on Facebook now as well. This can be a good way to search for popular hashtags to use in your own posts!
When using hashtags please note:
- A hashtag must be written as a single word without any spaces.
- You can use numbers in a hashtag, but special characters and punctuations will not work such as ($, %).
- The posts which show up in Facebook hashtag feed pages are publicly visible posts from pages and profiles, and from friends if they are sharing to friends only. This means, every post with a certain hashtag may not show up in the news feed based on others privacy settings.
- Unlike Instagram, you will not be able to see the number of hashtags or related hashtags on Facebook hashtag feeds. You also aren’t able to follow a hashtag yet on Facebook.
How to use Facebook hashtags for your business:
- Build your own group of hashtags to insert into various posts for certain purposes.
- Use Instagram search to find the right hashtags for you to use including related hashtags.
- You can use as many hashtags as you want in your post, but it is probably best to use 3 to 5 key hashtags in your posts. You can expand to using more if you’d like and test to see what works best for you and your business!
- Use apps such as Hashtag Expert to find out which hashtags will work best for your business.
- Go back to your top performing Facebook posts and add hashtags to further increase their reach!
Incorporating Facebook hashtags into your posts will allow your posts to be more searchable and requires little effort. Be sure to do your research on which hashtags work best for your business and start using them today!