You want to ensure you are taking advantage of all social media platforms to increase your reach. Create a business presence on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. More visibility will lead to more sales. Be sure to plan strategically and choose the same brand username for all your social accounts. Consistency is important, and this will allow your brand to become more recognizable and searchable.
Be Visually Consistent
Aesthetics are everything. First, make sure your social profiles for your business are visually appealing. Then, keep them visually consistent across all platforms. Some ways you can do so is by:
- Using the same profile photo on each channel
- Posting similar types or colors of content across all channels
- Having the same cover photo on all channels where it applies
- By being visually consistent across all your social channels, this will make your brand presence stronger.
Don’t Disturb the Peace
When you market on social media, this can be disruptive to your followers. When scrolling through their feed, they may not want to see an ad or a promotion. This is why it’s important to post more lifestyle/relatable content. When you do post promotional content on your channels, make sure the posts are consistent with what you offer on your website. You do not want to falsely direct people to your website, which will then cause them to navigate away, interrupting their peace. Ensure you’re building brand loyalty and trust with your followers, to where they know what to expect when visiting your website.
Repurpose & Reuse Content
Be sure you are posting across all your social media accounts, but instead of reposting the same exact content across all channels, be strategic and repurpose your content based on what is best for each social channel. How you can do so:
- Film a Facebook Live
- Grab key takeaways from that Live, and turn them into posts for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Turn those key takeaways into an infographic to post on Pinterest
- This will allow you to be more original and creative with your content, while driving more people to your site.
When marketing on social media, you want to ensure you have a plan in place which will lead to an increase in brand presence, and sales. We hope these tips will help you in creating that plan. 🙂