Something we’ve all been waiting for… Scheduling to Instagram is now available on our platform! You will now have the ability to schedule out any posts offered in the Content Library, or any image of your own via Post Creator, to an Instagram Business account. If you’re not a member yet, subscribe today in order to unlock this amazing new feature! See below for all you need to know on the new feature…
Who is eligible to schedule posts to their Instagram account?
Scheduling to Instagram is only available to those with an Instagram Professional Business account. Currently, Instagram does not support scheduling posts to Creator and Personal Instagram accounts.
Those who have an Instagram Business account must also link it to their Facebook Business Page in order to schedule posts out to Instagram.
How do I switch my Instagram account to a Business Account?
As mentioned above, you must have an Instagram Business account in order to schedule posts to it. Converting an existing Creator or Personal account is a simple and reversible process.
To switch from a Personal Instagram account to a Business account:
- Go to your Instagram Settings.
- Click Account.
- Click Switch to a Professional Account.
- Follow the prompts, and when it asks you to select what type of Professional account your are, Business or Creator, be sure to choose Business.
- Complete your Business profile.
To switch from a Creator account to a Business account:
- Go to your Instagram Settings.
- Click Account.
- Scroll down, and click “Switch Account Type”
- Click Switch to Business Account.
How do I connect my Instagram account to the platform?
First, link your Instagram Business account to your Facebook Business Page.
In order to successfully connect your Instagram account to the platform, you must first link it to a Facebook Business Page which you are admin of. See below on how to do so:
- Login to Facebook, and go to the Page which you want to connect with your Instagram Business account.
- Click Settings in the left hand column.
- Next, scroll down and click Instagram in the left menu.
- Where it says Connect to Instagram, click on the blue box which says Connect Account.
- Then, click Continue to allow access to Instagram messages in Inbox.
- Click Continue As (Your Profile).
- If you already have an Instagram Business Account you’re all set. If not, you’ll see the option to to SWITCH NOW your Instagram account from a regular Personal Account to a Business Account under Add Instagram Business Tools.
- Follow the prompts to get your Instagram Business Account set up, and you’re all set!
Next, connect to the Platform.
Once you’ve linked your Facebook Business Page to your Instagram Professional Business account, you will then need to connect your Instagram account to the platform. Here’s how to do so:
- Go to Settings in your platform.
- Under Connections, you’ll see a section for Instagram.
- Click “Connect Now” next to Instagram.
- Click “Connect Now” in the pop out which will take you to Facebook.
- Next, click Continue as (your Facebook Personal Profile).
- After you’ve connected your Facebook, click Connect an Instagram Business.
- Select the Instagram Business account you want to connect, and you’re all set!
How do I schedule a post to Instagram?
Yay! Here comes the fun part, now that you’re all connected you can start scheduling out your posts to your Instagram account. Here’s how to do so:
- Go to the Content Library and find any image or video you’d like to post to your Instagram.
- Click Post.
- You can then set up your post, and you’ll see your Instagram account as one of the options to schedule out your post to.
Where can I see my scheduled posts to Instagram?
You will be able to see all posts you’ve scheduled to Instagram in your Content Calendar. All scheduled posts to any of your social media platforms will be shown in your Content Calendar.
Can I schedule posts to stories?
Instagram currently does not allow scheduling posts to stories, but we are hoping this will be available in the near feature. However, you can always download any story available in the Content Library to then manually post your Instagram and/or Facebook story!
Can I schedule a post with multiple images to Instagram?
Currently, Instagram does not support the ability to schedule out a post with more than one image. Which means you are unable to schedule a post with multiple images to Instagram from the platform, or schedule an Instagram carousel post. You can however, download multiple images from the Content Library to then post to your Instagram account at once.
Can I schedule a video to post on Instagram?
As of now, you are unable to schedule any video posts from the platform to Instagram, but this is a feature we plan on making available soon!
We are so excited for this new feature, and hope it helps in taking your Instagram marketing to the next level. 😎