We’re so pleased to announce the solution to the Facebook Marketplace Bug, and posts failing when scheduling to Facebook Groups. The way to ensure successful posting to your Facebook Groups is to connect your Groups with your Business Page, and post to your Groups as your Facebook Business Page Identity. This process will by bypass the Marketplace filter completely. We’ve outlined the steps you need to take in order to implement this solution below.
First, You Must Ensure You Have the Following:
- A Facebook Business Page (your Personal Profile is an admin of)
- A Facebook Group (your Personal Profile is an admin of)
- The Multibrain platform
Next, Link Your Facebook Business Page to Your Group
You must first go to Facebook, and link a Business Page you are admin of, to any of your Facebook Groups. If you do not already have a Facebook Business Page, go ahead and create your own, or make sure you are an admin of any Facebook Pages you manage.
Then, you must link your Page to the Facebook Groups you’d like to post to. Your Personal Profile must be admin of the Group in order to link a Page to it, so please go check “members” in your Group to ensure you “personally” are the admin. In order to link a Facebook Page to a Facebook Group, please follow the steps below:
1) Go to your Facebook Group.
2) Go to your Group Settings in the left hand menu.
If you’re accessing Facebook through the mobile app, you can go to Group settings by clicking the star badge icon in the upper right.
3) Scroll down to Manage Advanced Settings.
4) Click the pencil icon next to Linked Pages, then select the Page you’d like to link to your Group.
Lastly, Go to the Platform to Finish
Once you’ve linked your Facebook Page to your Groups, go back to the platform to ensure you’re connected properly, and posting as your Facebook Business Page identity. In order to do so:
1) Go to the platform Settings in the upper right corner of your screen.
2) If you haven’t done so already, make sure your Facebook Personal Profile is connected to the platform by clicking “Connect Now” next to Facebook.
3) Next, you want to connect your Business Page to the platform, if you haven’t done so already. To do so, click “Connect New Page”.
4) Then, connect your Facebook Groups to the platform, if you haven’t done so already. To do so, click “Connect New Group”, and follow the prompts to get any of your Groups connected.
5) Lastly, under Connected Groups, make sure to select to post via your Facebook Business Page identity for each of your connected Groups.
Please also see below a video on the whole process listed out above:
You should now be all set, and no longer have any issues posting to your Facebook Groups. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions. 🙂